Friday, June 25, 2010

Nectar Flow!

Meg and Jo both exploded this week -- Meg's hard at work on her fifth box (4th is 100% drawn out, fifth went on a bit late last Sunday), and Jo is just about done with her second and will receive a third tomorrow morning! I guess that means the nectar is finally flowing -- I just wish I could throw GPS trackers on all the girls to see where they're finding the best flowers!

I noticed that both hives are a bit more touchy than usual -- especially Meg. It could have something to do with the weather, but I suspect that they're moving into "protect the honey" mode and my days of playing with the girls sans veil may be limited for the year.

As for the picture, in my last inspection I noted that I'd put a quarter bucket of scrap comb in the top of Meg so they could clean up all the sticky honey -- they didn't just clean it up, they reworked it into a single mass and attached it to the side of the bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment